Mold Discovered Growing in Gaston Garage?
Our local Hillsboro and Forest Grove team is a trusted leader in mold damage remediation services in Gaston. Mold is a common challenge in Oregon, and the State of Oregon website offers helpful information on how to prevent mold from growing inside homes and buildings as follows:
What causes mold to grow?
Molds need moisture to grow. Some household situations that lead to mold growth include:
- Clogged gutters and downspouts
- Leaky plumbing
- Leaky roofs
- Using hot water without venting the steam to outdoor air.
Also, when indoor air is warmer than outdoor air, moisture can collect on cold surfaces like single-pane windows, uninsulated walls, pipes, and roofs.
Preventing household mold
- Install double-pane windows or insulation to keep moisture from collecting on cold surfaces
- Inspect and repair leaks in roofs, gutters, foundations, and plumbing
- If you rent, consider taking pictures of moisture problems and documenting the situation with your landlord
- Review Home Moisture Problems (pdf) by the Oregon State University Extension Service
Call Us Today!
When your home or commercial business in Gaston has a mold problem, our Hillsboro and Forest Grove teams are Here to Help. ® We’ll restore your mold damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 503-648-8513.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.