Did you know?
Count on SERVPRO® for all your cleaning needs!
Did you know? Outside of Fire and Water Restoration Cleaning we offer an array of other cleaning services!
Other Specialty Cleaning Services:
- Air Ducts, Dryer Vents & HVAC
- Carpet & Upholstery
- Ceiling, Floors & Walls
- Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned Program
- Documentation Restoration
- Drapes & Blinds
- Odor Removal
- Sewage & Toilet Overflow
- Trauma & Crime Scene
- Vandalism & Graffiti
- Commercial Cleaning Services
Life happens. Kids spill drinks, pets have accidents and homes get dirty. Retirement homes need deep cleanings, apartment complexes have an array of cleaning needs from windows to garbage shoots to floors. Restaurants with commercial kitchens. Commercial buildings incur many different types of wear and tear damages that require professionals for cleaning. Have a cleaning need? We here at SERVPRO® have you covered. We specialize in the dirtiest of dirtiest jobs!
So call SERVPRO® today for your cleaning needs at 541-745-2097!
Suspect Mold? Call us today!
Suspect mold? Do not hesitate to call us today!
Let’s talk Mold.
Mold is a type of fungus that consists of small organisms. In small amounts, mold spores are usually harmless, but when they land on a damp spot in your home, they can start to grow. When mold is growing on a surface, spores can be released into the air where they can be easily inhaled.
Some restoration companies advertise “mold removal” and may even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy because removing all mold from a house or business is impossible; microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. Here are the facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce health effects.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Call SERVPRO® today if you feel you have a Mold problem at 541-745-2097
Call on us after the storm!
SERVPRO® has the profession tools to help you out in the event of water damage due to a storm
Winter season really did a number on us here in the Pacific Northwest! From wind storms to ice storms we had an astonishing amount of falling trees on homes. This lead to massive water damage as the rain did not stop coming.
Freezing weather also caused frozen pipes.
If you have a pipe burst, SERVPRO® has trained professionals that can repair all the damages and have your home looking “Like it never even happened.” In the meantime, here are some tips to help prevent your pipes from freezing.
- If the crawl space access is inside the home, set a fan in the opening to blow warm air from the home to the foundation
- Leave the cabinet doors under the sink open to keep the pipes warm
- Caulk and seal around doors, windows and faucets
- Close all foundation vents that are near pipes
Call on the professionals at SERVPRO® today at (541).745.2097
Count on us after the storm!
Water damage after a storm? We can help!
When it comes to water damage, SERVPRO® is the company to call! We take pride in restoring your property to its pre-damage condition. We take several steps to ensure no more damage occurs, and that the damage that has happened is taken care of as quickly as possible.
- Initial Emergency Contact: We are available 24 hours a day, if you have an emergency, call us right away!
- Inspection and Damage Assessment: When we arrive on scene, we will do a detailed inspection of the damage
- Moisture Extraction: If necessary, we will bring in pumps to extract excess water, and reduce drying time
- Dehumidifying and Drying: Once the excess water has been removed, equipment will be placed to speed up the drying time and help the moisture evaporate
- Cleaning and Repair: Items that can be saved will be professionally cleaned, anything non salvageable will be replaced or repaired
- Restoration: This is where we restore your home to its pre-damaged condition. This includes replacing flooring, drywall, trim, and painting.
Count on the Professionals at your local SERVPRO® franchise if you have water damage occur! Call us at 541-745-2097
Help keep your family safe during a storm
Carbon Monoxide Detectors can help keep your family safe
When a winter storm hits, temperatures plummet. We feel the cold, even indoors as houses can be drafty, or a loss of power causes a loss of heat. As many turn on portable heaters, the risk of fire is probably their primary safety concern. Most people do not even consider the risk of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning! But many common practices that come with a winter storm do come with an increased risk of accidental CO poisoning. To reduce your risk, and help keep your family safer during a winter storm, please be aware of the following:
- Proper use and ventilation of portable generators. Generators can be a life saver during a loss of power in a Winter Storm. But they also create CO, so only use a generator per manufacturer’s instructions, and only in areas with proper ventilation. Never place one in an enclosed space, such as a basement, attic or attached garage. And make sure it is placed at least 15 feet away from a window or door into the home!
- Make sure chimneys are clean. Woodstoves, or wood burning fireplaces are a great source of heat in a cold snap. However, if the chimney is clogged, that CO filled smoke will feed back into the home, putting everyone at risk.
- Do not idle your car, or any vehicle, in a garage. Even with a garage door open, the colder air condenses the CO in the exhaust from the vehicle.
- Don’t use your oven or stove to heat your home.
- ANYTHING that burns fuel can create CO. Gas-Powered Generators, Furnaces, Wood stoves, Kerosene heaters, Gas-powered tools, Gas-Powered home appliances, Gas and Charcoal Grills, and, of course, vehicles. Only use these items in well ventilated areas.
- Check exterior vents for ice or snow covering. During a storm, your furnace and appliance’s exhaust vents can become covered in ice or snow. This can cause that exhaust to vent into the home, putting you and your family at great risk.
- Install Carbon Monoxide detectors.Have at least one on every floor of your home. Change out the batteries when you change clocks for Daylight Savings.
While we cannot ever be 100% prepared for a storm, making sure your home’s heating systems are in good shape BEFORE winter storms strike is your best defense. If you need the name of a good Chimney Sweep, or Heating & Cooling Company, call us at SERVPRO® for a recommendation. We have worked with many wonderful Service Men and Women in our community and are happy to help you find someone to assist you.
Water damage? Quick action is critical!
When water damage occurs, do not hesitate to call the professionals at SERVPRO®
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO® arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
SERVPRO® specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO Corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. Need Emergency Service? Call us today at 541-745-2097
Why choose SERVPRO?
Our crews are standing by, ready to help make it like it never even happened!
When things like broken pipes, dishwasher leaks, and sewage backups happen, you need to act fast! You need a restoration company who acts fast, as well. That is why our team at Hillsboro/Forest Grove has crews who are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We are here to respond to property damage and help make it “Like it never even happened.”
With 20 years of experience, there are not many situations we have not seen or restored. Our team of trained and empathetic professionals is here to walk through the disaster and damage with you. SERVPRO® also has an in house construction company, McGinnis Restoration and Construction, so we can work with you from start to finish. SERVPRO® of Hillsboro and Forest Grove is proud to be a locally owned and operated team committed to our customers and our community. If property damage strikes, we are just a phone call away – 541/745-2097
SERVPRO® has the heart to help
Our hardworking team at SERVPRO® loves spending time giving BACK to the Communities we serve thru Charity Fundraisers.
SERVPRO® is a company that strongly believes in giving back to our Community. We are involved in many charitable events during the year. Our Team goes above and beyond to give back. Even after assisting customers during the business week, our team still finds time to go above and beyond when the call arises. We have even participated in two fundraisers back to back in one day! These organizations that provide assistance to those in need mean so much to our SERVPRO® family.
Just to name a few, our Team has proudly participated in the Polar Plunge for the Special Olympics in both Salem and Corvallis for the past few years, which benefits our local Special Olympic athletes. The event in Corvallis also combines with Run Off Your Tutu for Furniture Share, a Walk/Run 5k which helps local in-need families with beds and furniture. Both of these organizations impact our community in such a positive way. SERVPRO® is proud to participate and assist these, and many other charitable groups, as our mission is to give back whenever we can. That’s why when you're looking for a company to work on your home or business for your restoration needs, SERVPRO® has the heart to help our community!
Water damage can happen anywhere in your home
Many common household appliances can be the source of water damage. Knowing what to look for can help prevent damages!
Water damage can happen from many different appliances in your home. Here are some tips from SERVPRO® on how to make sure your appliances are working properly and the water supply lines are in good condition. As a good rule of thumb, check behind your appliances once per year. This is a good way to address problems before they happen.
Small leaks stemming from a washing machine may appear to be a minor issue, but the problem should not be ignored. Even a pinhole leak in a water supply line can subsequently break out into a household flood. In fact, a burst supply line is a key cause of significant water damage involving washers. A good way to prevent water damage is to check your hoses leading to your washing machine a couple times per year.
Also consider installing an automatic shutoff valve. When water pools on the floor, the sensor detects it and closes the water valve.
Refrigerators with Ice Makers Hooked up to plumbing
We appreciate the convenience of an automatic ice maker, but it can also be the culprit of household floods. The copper or plastic water line that supplies an ice maker can leak or worse yet, become unattached if it’s not installed properly. Again, you should inspect the line periodically for crimps and make sure the valve connection is secure. Leaving a four inch gap between the refrigerator and wall also helps to prevent crimping in your water line.
Dishwashers are another common appliance that can cause problems. If a dishwasher has a supply line burst it can fill your kitchen with water during a wash and rinse cycle.
Another source of household floods is when a dishwasher backs up soaking the floor with sudsy water. The problem could be the wrong detergent, a faulty float, the buildup of food and other debris in the drain gate or a clog in the discharge hose under the sink.
Routine inspection of the hoses and connections can save you major repair costs in the future. In addition, check the drain gate frequently and remove food particles and debris. And if water damage does happen, know that you can rely on the Water Restoration Specialists at SERVPRO®!
Certified: SERVPRO® Clean
Dont let viruses keep your business from operating - call the Cleaning Professionals at SERVPRO® today!
As we heading into Cold and Flu Season - and COVID-19 hasn't gone anywhere, we need to look to a NEW standard in Commercial Cleaning.
Starting in 2005, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) established the National Influenza Vaccination week “to highlight the importance of continuing flu vaccination through the holiday season and beyond.” In 2017, by the end of November only about 41% of the recommended US population had been vaccinated. And in 2020, we saw the tremendous toll COVID-19 on families and businesses across the country.
If you’ve already gotten the flu or COVID you can still get vaccinated to protect you against other strands of the flu, according to the CDC. People with high risk of complications from the flu include young children, pregnant women, people with certain chronic health conditions and people over the age of 65, and should get vaccinated. Although anyone is at risk of getting the flu, for high-risk people, hospitalization or death is more likely than for others.
According to the CDC, flu vaccination can reduce flu illnesses, doctors’ visits and missed work and school due to flu, as well as prevent flu-related hospitalizations. Get a flu or COVID shot today to protect yourself, your loved ones and your place of business. And Certified: SERVPRO® Clean brings a higher standard of clean to business across our Communities if the Flu or COVID impact your place of business.