Microwave Fire Damages Kitchen in Gaston Home?
Busy Gaston families benefit from the ease and convenience of heating or defrosting a meal using a microwave oven. Our Hillsboro and Forest Grove team offer these microwave oven safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
- PURCHASE a microwave oven that is listed by a qualified testing laboratory. Make sure to complete and return the product registration card. This way, the manufacturer can reach you if there is a recall of the product.
- PLUG the microwave oven directly into the wall outlet — never use an extension cord
- MAKE sure the microwave oven is at a safe height, within easy reach of all users
- OPEN food slowly, away from the face. Hot steam or the food itself can cause burns.
- FOOD heats unevenly in microwave ovens. Stir and test before eating or giving to children.
- NEVER heat a baby bottle in the microwave. Since a microwave oven heats unevenly, it can create hot pockets, leading to burns. Warm a bottle in a bowl of warm, not hot or boiling, water, or by running it under the tap.
Call Us Today!
When your kitchen in your home or commercial business catches fire in Gaston, our Hillsboro and Forest Grove teams are Here to Help. ® We’ll restore your fire damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 503-648-8513.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.