Will Installing a French Drain Prevent Water Intrusion in my Home in Forest Grove?
Our local Hillsboro and Forest Grove team is trained and certified to mitigate and restore storm damage by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification, the nonprofit certifying body for the cleaning and restoration industries. We have the training, equipment, and experience needed to restore wind damage, no matter how extensive the damage is.
French drains are a system of ditches and pipes that divert water away from a specific area, like a home’s foundation. Here are the pros and cons of French drains from a home care expert at Angi, Bailey Carson:
The Pros and Cons of a French Drain
- French drains help prevent flooding and reduce the risk of long-term water damage to your property
- They can last between 30 and 40 years
- They’re cost-effective
- French drains can be aesthetically pleasing as they are usually covered with small rocks, plants, and sometimes even decorative grates
- The installation process can be long and frustrating
- Existing structures, such as a deck or walkway, may need to be removed when digging trenches
- It could be dangerous to dig in areas with water, power, or communications lines buried in the vicinity
- French drains can sometimes become clogged and overflow, causing damage
Call Us Today!
Stormwater intrusion can happen anytime, and when you need our help, our Hillsboro and Forest Grove team will restore your damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 503-648-8513.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.