Is Your Commercial Roof Prepared For Storms in Orenco?
Our local Hillsboro and Forest Grove offer these tips from the Insurance Institute of Business and Home Safety to prepare your building in Orenco for winter weather:
Low-slope (flat) roofs
- Inspect roof and repair leaks before the winter season
- Remove all debris and other items from roof and roof drainage systems that prevent drainage of water from the roof during the melting process
- Check that all flashing and seals are flush and secure
Steep slope roofs
- Inspect your roof and repair leaks before the winter season
- Secure loose shingles
- Check roof-edge waterproofing and seal to prevent potential drafts
- Add extra insulation in your attic or surrounding areas
- Inspect gutters and ensure they’re secured to the building. Replace any missing gutter fasteners.
- Clean gutters and interior downspouts thoroughly, removing all debris and unclogging drains
- Test gutters and downspouts to be sure water does not back up. This can be done by using a hose.
- Check downspouts to ensure they divert water away from the foundation
Call Us Today!
You never know when a storm will cause damage to your Orenco business or home. Fortunaltey, our Hillsboro and Forest Grove team is on call 24-hours a day to help you with storm damage emergencies. Call us today at 503-648-8513.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.