What Can I Do If I Have Water Damage in Banks Home?
Our Hillsboro and Forest Grove team responds to more water damage emergencies than any other form of property damage in Banks. Water is invasive and can cause significant damage in a short amount of time. Here are some tips from our website on things you can do while waiting for help to arrive:
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place
- Gather loose items from floors
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place
- Hang furs and leather goods
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpets or floors
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water
- Don’t use television or other household appliances
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging
When your home or business in Banks has water damage, our local team in Hillsboro and Forest Grove can help. We’ll restore your water damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 503-648-8513.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.