Storm Damage Tips in Cornelius.
Storm Damage Tips
You never know when storm damage might occur, and when it does, it’s important to mitigate the damage quickly to avoid costly structural repairs. SERVPRO of Hillsboro / Forest Grove offer these helpful tips from our website on what to do and what not to do after a flooding:
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place
- Gather loose items from floors
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging
Call Us Today!
When you have a storm damage emergency SERVPRO of Hillsboro / Forest Grove has a team of highly trained restoration technicians ready to assist you 24-hours a day. We’ll restore your storm damage in Cornelius, “Like it never even happened.”