Tips after a fire
Home fires are stressful events. However, having a plan on what to do after a fire can help with the stress. At SERVPRO of Hillsboro/Forest Grove we are Here to Help® when a fire occurs in your home. We have created a checklist to help you to start the recovery after a fire damage.
What to do after a fire damage
Call your insurance company immediately after a fire. After you went through the details with your insurance company, contact SERVPRO of Hillsboro/Forest Grove so the fire damage cleanup process can begin quickly. Make sure to notify your mortgage company of the fire as well. If you're not sure that the home is structurally safe, have it inspected by a certified structural engineer or building inspector before going near.
- Make sure to arrange a board up of any broken windows and doors.
- Take pictures of all exterior damages
- If you suspect that the structure in a room is unsafe, avoid entering the room.
- Turn off the power at the electrical panel.
- Wear long sleeves, long pants, closed toe shoes and gloves. To protect you from the soot as well as trying to prevent other items being contaminated.
- Try locating any important papers and documents.
- Any burnt money can be taken to a Regional Federal Reserve Bank for replacement
- Begin taking inventory of the building damage and all damaged items.
- Begin saving receipts for any expenses incurred after the fire. These may be needed when filing insurance claims.We're faster to any disaster
We're faster to any disaster
We are dedicated to responding immediately when you contact us. A fast response lessens the damage. limit further damages and reduces the cost. Our professional make disasters, "Like it never even happened."
If your home or business suffers from an emergency, call (503) 648-8513