Prepare yourself for wildfires this summer!
The following are tips from FEMA for preparing your family, home, and businesses from the threat of wildfires!
- Get an emergency supply kit, which includes items like, non-perishable food, water, a battery-powered radio, extra flashlights and batteries. You may want to prepare a portable kit and keep it in your car!
- Make a family emergency plan. Your family may not be together when disaster strikes, so it is important to know how you will contact one another, how you will get back together, and what you will do in case of an emergency.
- Protect your property from wildfires by designing and landscaping with wildfire safety in mind.
- Learn about the emergency plans that have been established in your area by your state and local government. In an emergency always listen to the instructions given by local emergency responders.
- Finally, don't forget to save your local SERVPRO'S phone number in the case of smoke or soot damage after returning to your home!