SERVPRO can help your business during Wildfires!
Even states as wet as Oregon and Washington are affected by wildfires several times a year. When the Eagle Creek fire shut down businesses our phones rang off the hook with concerned business owners. In times like these SERVPRO® is the first to call as we are faster to any size disaster.
Some tips from FEMA to protect you and your property from hazards are as follows:
- Wear protective clothing
- Lock up your business
- Choose a route away from fire hazards
- Close windows, vents, doors, and blinds
- Shut off all utilities, if possible
- Move flammable items to the center of the building
- turn on a light in each room to increase visibility of your property
- Turn off gas lines and propane tanks
- Connect the outside house to water taps
- Gather fire tools
These tips along with preparation and quick thinking can and will protect your investments!